
Hank was born on Monday, October 27th at 9:06. He weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces and was 21 inches long. Monday morning I had been having contractions since midnight and went to work until 10:30. I called my Uncle Kim who was my doctor and he said to come to Pocatello. We left about 11 from Preston and my contractions were getting closer together. My water broke in the car at 11:30. We got settled into our room and my contractions continued to get harder and closer. Cort, my parents, and my sister hung out all day as we waited and waited. Hank's heart rate was really low during contractions and they were getting concerned. They had to supplement fluid into my uterus to help his heart rate. They figured the cord was being pressed against or around his neck. I finally got an epidural and then everything was great! I am so lucky to have my Uncle Kim as my doctor. Him and his wife Teresa hung out in my room and had a party all night with pizza and visitors. It is always a good moment when Kim says I am ready to have a baby. Cort was able to suit up and deliver Hank with Kim telling him what to do step by step. It was such a neat experience to be able to watch Cort deliver his son and how amazing child birth is. As I was delivering Hank I looked up and the blinds were open to my room. It was night outside with lights on inside, so... I pretty much gave the town of Pocatello a free miracle of life show, until someone called and complained that they could see everything- NICE! I hope it is not on U-tube now! That night Cort and I were able to take Hank down to the nursery to give him his first bath. I felt great after having him and we were able to leave the hospital the next morning. We were in and out of the hospital in just 24 hours! I am doing great and so is baby Hank. Jack was a little unsure of Hank at first but now can't get enough of hugging and kissing him. He can say brother pretty good and is still working on saying Hank. We are so blessed to have two healthy beautiful boys and love them both so much.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Hank Bob Jones
Posted by
Cort, Amanda, Jack, and Hank
at
5:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






13 comments:
He's so cute!! Congratulations to you guys. What fun two little boys will be! :) How cool to have Cort deliver! Glad you are feeling so great - in and out in 24 hours is amazing!
Congratulations!!! That is so neat that Cort was able to deliver him - what an amazing experience. I'm glad you are recovering well!
Congratulations!! We are so excited for you. You guys have the cutest kids ever. Kambree is dying to tend Jack so if you ever need a break just let us know. Congrats again!!
What a handsome little man! You are an amazing girl... I hope our delivery goes as smooth as yours did. Congrats!
Congratulations! That's awesome that Cort got to deliver him! I'm glad your feeling so good! Hopefully we will be able to come and visit you guys soon and see everyone! Tell everyone hi for us!
Congrats Amanda! I'm glad everything went well! Hank is such a cute name.
Congrats!! I am sorry I didn't recognize that was you when you called the hospital. I hope that everything is going ok and that is so neat that Cort was able to deliver. I get nervous helping deliver babies at work, but I just have to remember that people used to and still have them just fine at home without doctors and nurses. Anyways, he is super cute.
welcome to the world Hank! We are glad you made it here healthy. Can't wait to meet you and you will soon have a buddy to hang with at Peterson get togethers! Congrets Cort and Amanda
So neat that Cort was able to do that. Hank looks adorable. Congratulations. Glad to hear that you are all doing well.
Congrats Amanda! Oct 27th really is the best birthday a kid could have! He is handsome!
Congratulations!! Your boys are so cute and its a very nice name Hank! Take Care!
Congrats from the Stacey family! Its exciting to see your family grow.
What a cutie!... I love his halloween pics too!.. He has beautiful skin!
Post a Comment