Thursday, August 28, 2008

Broken Leg








Last Saturday we went to Logan on a picnic to the park. Cort was taking Jack down a twisty slide and he foot got caught between Cort's leg and the side of the slide. We heard a popping noise and Jack began crying. We knew something happened to his leg. We brought him to the emergency room and did X-rays, but they didn't find anything. Jack was in pain and couldn't put any pressure on his leg so the doctor wrapped it in a soft cast for a few days until we could X-ray it again. It took three people to hold him down while getting his X-ray and I couldn't even be in the room because I am pregnant. It was so sad to hear my little boy in there screaming and not being able to comfort him. On Tuesday we brought him back to the doctor and he still couldn't put any pressure on his leg. We got more X-rays and still couldn't find any definite breaks. The doctor thinks he may have got a fracture by his growth plate in his ankle so now he has to get a bone scan next week. He wrapped it in a hard green cast for now. Jack had a hard time the first couple of days not being able to use his leg at all. He is used to running everywhere and playing all day. Now he has to be carried around and sitting. I am trying even to get him to like cartoons and movies because it is really tiring for mom to carry him ALL day! He is starting to use his leg a little bit and just figured out that he can crawl with his cast. It is so sad to see your kid in pain and miserable, but being the mom of a boy I am sure this is just the first of many incidences that we will encounter.

7 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

Poor little guy! I'm sure he's being spoiled rotten. The bottom picture looks like a tanner version of your dad. Funny how he inherited the Egbert look. Hope school and pregnancy are going well.

emily said...

Oh my gosh! Poor baby ! AND poor mama! Way to go Cort........ I thought I was bad for letting Tadhg fall down the stairs and break his arm at 8 months! Jack is like a mini me of Bob! It is SOOO STINKIN FUNNY!

Atkinsons said...

Hey Cort and Amanda,
It's Shawn and Krystal. We're glad we found your blog. You've been added to our list so we can keep tabs on you guys. Hope things are going well for you guys. Sorry about your litte boys' broken leg. We feel bad for him. Take care,
Shawn and Krystal Atkinson

Mary Ellen said...

poor little Jack!!! I know how hard it is not to be able to do anything for them. He is such a sweet boy- I hope he recovers quick! I love his little crock feet! give him a kiss for me!

Michelle W. Nate said...

Oh Jack! I am so sad. I bet you are tired. Hope you are doing ok.

Suz Galloway said...

Hey it's Suz, I found your blog and I am adding you to my list. I am glad to see that everything turned out ok with the broken leg.

Jen said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment...your little guy is so cute! It's breaking my heart to see those pics of Jacks leg...What a trooper!