I have lived on main street my entire life. Cort lived in Holbrook growing up- if you don't know where that is there is a reason, because it is in the middle of NOWHERE about 30 miles west of Malad. He would move back there in a heartbeat if I would let him, there is also a reason why I won't... Anyway, Cort has always been a country boy at heart. When we first got married we had a lot of adjustments to figure out living on main street in the big P-town. We are so thankful for those times we had living next door to my parents for seven years. Now I can really say that I live in the country though. It only takes about six minutes to get to town (if I am driving) but we really are in the middle of (in our opinion) the most beautiful place in the valley. Surrounded by mountains, a reservoir, and rolling hills as far as you can see. We love that we have our horses right outside and a four wheeler and tractor to scrape snow with. This first month has been a little bit of an adjustment for me. I have to actually plan for the day when I leave the house for what I might need. I can't just run home to grab something if I need it while I am in town. I love that when I am done with work or whatever and headed home that I am going home to stay the rest of the night. It has been so relaxing so far to just be home. We have been able to spend so much more time with our boys and have been able to do some things we have put off for a few months while building the house. Cort has pretty much made the house his hobby by still building things like a cupboard for my dining room, T.V. stand, cold air returns, door bell cover, and a frame for our family picture. He loves working with wood and is very good at it. We have been able to have a few parties- OK a LOT of parties and plan to have many more. The boys have adapted very well to living here as Jack says "in my new house in Glendale." Our ward is great and we have moved right in and are very comfortable with where we are. I know I have posted about this already but we are still continually thankful for all the help we received in building, moving, settling, etc. We just love this laid back country living...
Friday, December 25, 2009
Country Living
Posted by
Cort, Amanda, Jack, and Hank
at
1:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment