Friday, January 30, 2009

Christmas

I am really slow at posting this Christmas because my mom just found the card all our Christmas pics were on. But we had such a fun Christmas I have to post and then it will complete this year of activities and I can publish my blog book so here is Christmas '08 in a nut shell.
Christmas eve was full of competition. We had a basket shooting and run around the circle of the house, which our family won. A leg wrestling tournament, hand pushing, and a game of making words with tiles. We kept a running score and I am happy to announce that the Jones family took the Egbert competition and walked away with the twenty bucks!



Our Christmas feast. We opened boxes on our plates with a cute poem about hearing the bell ring if you believe with a pretty bell inside- but for some reason Dad's and Nate's wouldn't ring?

Sawyer and Jack had to make sure Santa and his reindeer had some treats when they came. We watched Santa make his stops around the world on the computer.


Sawyer and Jack made caramel corn to eat under the tent.


Cort won the prize for thinking of the best present. He made me a music jewelry box that plays a very nice tune. I was way surprised because we weren't supposed to get each other something, and I didn't know when he was working on it... very thoughtful. He also painted my moms cruiser bike in a sparkly red paint with a basket to look like the wizard of oz bike.


Hank's first Christmas.
The thing I don't like about Christmas is all the hype and preparation and then it is all just over. But I love the holiday season. We had so much fun, I think having kids makes the holidays even that much funner. As a kid you can't sleep because you are so excited to see what santa brought you and as a parent you can't sleep because you can't wait to see the joy on your kids' faces.

3 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Hey, will you tell me how you publish your blog. Do you make a book of it, or what. I want to and haven't been saving all my posts so now I'm a little up set. I love your pics!

Kyle, Me, and Ben said...

So.... I am pretty sure that Kyle and I would have won if there were not so many obsticles in the way in the hall upstairs and also on the stairs and in the kitchen... And you should mention who won the leg wars... :) just kidding. those pictures are fun! Jack and Hank are so dang stinking cute! Cant wait to see them tomorrow!

Kyle, Me, and Ben said...

So.... I am pretty sure that Kyle and I would have won if there were not so many obsticles in the way in the hall upstairs and also on the stairs and in the kitchen... And you should mention who won the leg wars... :) just kidding. those pictures are fun! Jack and Hank are so dang stinking cute! Cant wait to see them tomorrow!