

My friend Katie Austin has made several attempts to domesticate me, sewing, cooking, etc. Her latest lesson was making homemade strawberry jam. And you have to have homemade bread to go with the jam. I made the bread all by myself, but it was Katie's recipe. I know it isn't really pretty-but, it tasted good! I am such a homemaker... I really was quite impressed with my skills.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Bread and Jam
Posted by
Cort, Amanda, Jack, and Hank
at
11:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
I don't know if you've ever made jam before, but don't you just seem so proud of yourself for making it. I know the first time I made it I just kept staring at them and turning them a ton. I also really learned to appreciate the work that everyone did when they would give me a jar of jam or something else they had put up that year. I never really knew how hard of work or the long process it took until a few years ago. I know it is becoming not too cost effective anymore to do it, but once you learn it seems like you can't stop. I think homemade is soooo much better now.
Good job- I love doing those types of things. I did salsa, beans, and grape juice this year. Anyway-it looks delicious!!!
I'm not very domestic either. The bread looks delicious, though. You should post that recipe. Maybe there's hope for me yet.
Nice! Save some for me I am way hungry right now, well or always. I think the bread looks delicious, if you get a chance post Katie's recipe. I like to try new things all the time.
Hi Cort & Amanda! It was so great to see you guys at the reunion. I wish we would have taken Jack & Acacia aside sooner so they could have played - they are only a months apart! But, Acacia decided to be shy, darn it. Your new addition will only be a few months younger than my 2nd too. We may have to arrange play dates sometime :)
Hey Cort and Amanda,
Cort it was nice to see you and your wife at the reunion. Good luck with the soon to be new arrival.
Mandi Davis Ward
Oh and Jack is so cute.
Post a Comment