Teaching kindergarten I think I have a new story every day. I need to do better at writing them down because someday I am going to make a book of the funny things they say and retire rich! So here are my two favorite of the year.
A few weeks ago a little boy and girl were arguing and they didn't know I was listening.
Girl: You better be nicer to me or I'm going to tell Jesus.
Boy: You can't tell Jesus.
Girl: Oh yes I can in my prayers tonight.
Boy: Well I don't even care about Jesus.
Girl: K then I will tell Santa Clause.
This got the whole group in on the whole conversation and the boy was really concerned she was going to tell Santa!
The next funny story just happened today and being pregnant and not feeling great about my appearance, I still don't know how to take this from a 5 year old. I haven't told my class that I am pregnant yet because they don't understand why I don't have a big belly so I thought I would wait a few more weeks but...
I noticed a little girl that had really rosy cheeks and a rash all over her body. I know about the disease called fifths disease and these are all the symptoms. It is also a really dangerous disease for pregnant people. So I called her mom to see if she knew what was wrong with her and it was indeed fifths disease. I told her I was pregnant and it is a dangerous disease for pregnant people. Turns out it is only contagious before the rash begins so she came back to school today. Apparently her mom told her that I was pregnant and the little girl decided she would whisper the news in everyones ear when they got to school today. I finally figured out what she was telling everyone and began to listen to what they were saying. She told one boy whose response was "Oh, so that is why she is getting fat!"
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Kindergartners...
Posted by
Cort, Amanda, Jack, and Hank
at
7:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Love your story. You need to keep a journal and write a book. Hilarious. As for kids saying things I remember similar situations from jr. high-ers. One day after going shopping I donned a new outfit (peasant shirt and cords). One of my 6th graders said, "Mrs. Barrington, is it old clothes day?" I learned not to take it personally. After all they think I'm old anyway.
I love hearing the things kids say. I find my own children quite hilarious so it is always fun to hear more funny stories! Hope your feeling well!
Cort and Amanda -
HI! I love your blog! Amanda does such a great job. JACK is so ADORABLE!!! I'm so excited you're going to have another. Aren't BABIES great! Hilarious comments from the Kindergarteners. My Tanner is in Kindergarten. I admire anyone who can handle 20 plus 5 year olds all day!!!! This is VIC's sister.
Hey I found your blog and thought I'd say hi. congrats on #2 coming. november 3rd is my bday and a good day and Lucy is our little girl's name- we love it! anyway, check our's out sometime. . .
lanceandtess.blogspot.com
Tess (Beckstead) Zollinger
Post a Comment